Sunday, September 11, 2005

Change of Season

Although the first day of fall isn't until September 22 you couldn't tell. The leaves are changing colour and falling to the ground, the sky is grey, and there is noticibly less day light. For many it also signals the beginning of moodiness, lethargy, and melancholy.

Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder is a real bitch! You wake up in the dark, get home from work with maybe an hour of light (if you're lucky)before you're hurtled into darkness again. Knowing that I am one of these sorry sacks, I am going to be proactive this year and purchase a full spectrum UV lamp.

Having a lamp isn't a magic bullet or anything, it's just the casing. If I can keep physically and mentally active over this period I will be ahead of the game. Especially if I get outside more. Dare I say like the good ol' days when I was back east. What the hell happened there I'm not sure. It certainly wasn't hard to do, let alone hard to maintain. I just never did. I traded in my snowshoes for SFA. Time for a rebound.

4 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Vivec said...

That bicycle pic sure brings back some memories...ahh those were the days.

Now i'm a bit nauseous with nostalgia...or is it just the two packs of butter cheese crackes I just ate? :P

 
At 9/14/2005 08:13:00 PM, Blogger Burnt Toast said...

A little bit of both I figure. I saw JP today after work. "My two favorite people"... How's that for nostalgia?

 
At 9/17/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Vivec said...

How is she holding up?

 
At 9/18/2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Vivec said...

uuupdate. dah dah dah. updaaate! dah dah dah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home