Monday, October 03, 2005

October Light



I finally picked up a full spectrum bulb. I was about to throw off the over draft gloves to buy a SAD lamp but the least expensive one was $199. They had bulbs so I opted to pay $14 instead. I told a friend about it, and she said she had an extra lamp she would lend me. Man I have the best friends! So I retrieved and set it up yesterday. Let the sun shine in!

I started a painting. I have a few things in my head that I've wanted to paint. I have to say that I am by no means a painter. I have dabbled but it has been very rudimentary, so I've decided to paint my ideas in the abstract. A friend with a BFA is being pretty supportive and has been generous with tips. The biggest being you can always paint over it.

Arcade Fire is playing tomorrow night, and I'm pretty pumped. I'm also going to Calgary to see them the following night. The woman I'm going with has booked a nice hotel, with an indoor waterpark. Any recovering from the previous night will be done in the shallow end.

3.5 day work week then it's the Thanksgiving weekend. October is starting fabulously.

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Vivec said...

Rock out! Let me know how the full spectrum bulb works out for you. Can you get a tan from that thing?

I wish I had even a clue about how to pick up something like that here.

 
At 10/03/2005 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Burnt Toast said...

I'm not sure if you can get a tan. I'm laughing though- do you remember the scene from Family Guy when the father says "Melanoma is just fancy talk for sexified". I gave the bulb I bought to your folks. Maybe they can use it. Hey if you ask them maybe they'll send it out to you overnight express.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home